Top 10 BENEFITS of Being a Farm Wife
As the winter months gave way to spring and countless tasks involved in running a family farm, I thought of all those women whose daily agendas of doing housework and caring for their family increased to include helping with farm operations. I stumbled across the website www.farmersmarketonline.com which gave a list of 10 benefits to being a farm wife which I enjoyed. I suspect however, that many farm wives would not trade their lifestyle for anything in spite of the tongue in cheek “advantages” listed below:
10. Getting to hear your husband say, “Don’t jerk the chain!”
9. Canning vegetables late into the night after devoting daylight hours to marketable crops.
8. Living in a 90-year-old farmhouse with bad plumbing.
7. Learning that cussing at machinery always helps.
6. Learning that 4 a.m. feedings apply to Holsteins too.
5. Being too busy for summer vacations.
4. Daily shopping trips (to John Deere or Case IH implement dealerships).
3. Being referred to as “The Wife”.
2. Knowing your husband loves you even though he yelled at you all day.
1. Being asked “Is dinner ready?” after working all day in the field.
This website invited readers to submit other humorous benefits to being a farm wife to manager@FarmersMarketOnline, so I think I’ll put my two cents in:
11. Sharing romantic summer picnics with your true love if you agree to carry them out to him in the field.
– Terry Olson, Titan Outlet Store Team
- Hillbilly Cocktails: Country Drinks for Summer
- Hay Talk: Controling Pasture Flies
- Farm Tune Tuesday: Josh Abbott Band “FFA/Flatland Farmer”
- Brock Lesnar: The Ultimate Farmer [Video]
- Case Triple Threat Rodeo – Construction Equipment Obstacle Course
- HayTalk: Baling Your Own vs. Hiring It Out
- An Old Farmer’s Words Of Wisdom (28 Farm Quotes)Misnomers: A Pink, Slimy Slope
- National Tractor Pullers Association Names Case IH Official Farm Equipment Brand (titanoutletstore.com)
- Watch a Case IH QuadTrac Crush a Car [VIDEO] (titanoutletstore.com)
- Kissing Combines Video: Happy Valentines Day from the Titan Outlet Store (titanoutletstore.com)
- 5 Fresh Tractor Videos (titanoutletstore.com)
- 2011′s Happy Customers – Pictures & Comments (titanoutletstore.com)
- Family Buys 100th Red Combine (titanoutletstore.com)
- Planting Equipment Specials – Video Demos (titanoutletstore.com)
- Tractor Fact: What was the first tractor with PTO? (titanoutletstore.com)
- 3 New Ag Equipment Flyers for February (titanoutletstore.com)
- Farm Tune Tuesday: “International Harvester” by Craig Morgan (titanoutletstore.com)