Farm Recipe: Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl
I love Chinese food, but I never make it at home for just myself. One day, however, I found this recipe that came from http://www.bunsinmyoven.com/2015/08/24/sausage-egg-roll-in-a-bowl/. I tried it once, and can honestly say that this is one recipe I’ve used a LOT! Easy to prepare and healthy, I’ve found this dish to be very addicting. I’ve added extras like sesame seeds and water chestnuts on occasion, and have also used minced garlic and whatever onions I had in my cupboard with the same great results. The recipe makes plenty, so I’ve been able to enjoy leftovers too!
Sausage Egg Roll in a Bowl
- 1 pound ground pork sausage
- 6 cups coleslaw mix or shredded cabbage
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced
- 1 Tbsp soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 Tbsp sesame seed oil
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add sausage and cook, crumbling the meat. Do not drain.
- Add the coleslaw mix, garlic, ginger, and soy sauce to the skillet with the sausage. Cook 3-4 minutes or until cabbage has softened a bit.
- Remove from heat and top with green onions.
- Drizzle with sesame oil and serve immediately.