Farm Recipe: Apple Pie Bites
My family is usually not hungry for dessert after eating a big holiday meal, so I don’t normally bother making a dessert. But this year I saw some recipes that looked fun and easy so I thought I would try out a couple. Here’s one that I will definitely make again. The recipe came from http://theblondcook.com/apple-pie-bites/ :
Apple Pie Bites
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice, and additional 1/4 teaspoon for sprinkling on top of crescent rolls
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
- 1 small Granny Smith apple, cored and sliced into 8 (1/2 inch) slices
- 1 (8 ounce) can Pillsbury Original crescent rolls
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar and apple pie spice. Set aside.
- Melt butter and toss apple slices in butter. Set aside.
- Arrange crescent roll triangles on baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Evenly distribute brown sugar mixture onto each triangle.
- Sprinkle each triangle evenly with the chopped pecans.
- Place an apple slice on the wide end of each triangle. Wrap crescent roll dough around each apple.
- Brush each crescent roll with remaining butter. Sprinkle lightly with additional apple pie spice.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Inspired by Beaufort Elementary School’s Savory Eats & Seadog Treats, Adapted from Pillsbury.com